CEDAR email: Joint F/G/H Session at URSI National Radio Science Meeting in January 2017

Komjathy, Attila (335G) attila.komjathy at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 13 10:15:05 MDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

We encourage you to submit abstracts for the “Global Navigation Satellite Systems and Radio Beacon Remote Sensing” session at the URSI National Radio Science Meeting in Boulder, CO, on January 4-6, 2017. This session is jointly sponsored by Commissions F, G and H and will cover a wide range of topics.

We are planning to have a number of invited talks related to GNSS remote sensing of the disturbed atmosphere and ionosphere using innovative techniques: multi-constellation and multi-frequency analyses, inverse diffraction modeling, radio occultation, and reflectometry.  The session is particularly relevant with upcoming enhancements to GNSS, new ground-based GPS and beacon networks, often fielded with other remote sensing measurements and recent collaborative measurements using missions such as COSMIC and C/NOFS in addition to prospective satellite missions, which will use GNSS signals for remote sensing purposes.

Please note that the deadline for submissions is September 19, 2016.

General Information on the URSI meeting can be found at:
http://www.nrsmboulder.org/

The organizers of this meeting require the use of electronic submissions. If you have any questions on abstracts or the technical program, please direct them to the USNC-URSI Secretary, Dr. Sembiam Rengarajan (srengarajan at csun.edu). Abstracts must have a minimum of 250 words. More information about USNC-URSI is available at
http://www.usnc-ursi.org

We strongly encourage you to have students submit abstracts and attend the meeting. There is travel support available for students presenting first author papers, as well as a student paper competition.  Please feel free to distribute this note to your colleagues who may be interested in presenting.

We look forward to seeing you in Boulder next January.

Attila Komjathy (G), Clara Chew (F), Stan Briczinski (H) and Carl Siefring (H)

Dr. Attila Komjathy, Principal Investigator
NASA - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive, M/S 138-317
Pasadena, CA 91109, USA