CEDAR email: URSI Ionospheric Modification Session

Michael Sulzer msulzer at naic.edu
Tue Sep 13 10:05:24 MDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

Robert Moore and I are co-organizing a special session entitled “Ionospheric Modification” to be held at the International Union of Radio Science (URSI) US National Meeting, January 4-6, 2017, in Boulder, CO.

We are soliciting abstract submissions covering active experiments in the ionosphere especially including the effects of transmitting high power HF electromagnetic waves into the ionosphere. Presentations are given orally with 20 minute slots.

Presenting students can obtain a travel grant up to $600 to attend. Students are also encouraged to enter the student paper competition, which requires full-length papers and awards a plenary session talk and cash prizes to the finalists.

Conference information can be found at: https://nrsmboulder.org/. The submission deadline is September 19, 2016. The call for papers is attached. We look forward to seeing you at URSI NRSM!

Sincerely,

Mike Sulzer
Arecibo Observatory