[Wrf-users] To build NCL-NCARG on Ubuntu

Nikhil Garg nikhilgarg.gju at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 12:03:34 MST 2015

Hi,

You can download the pre compiled binaries for NCL from earth system grid

https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/browse/viewCollectionFilesInitial.html?datasetId=e9035f26-cd99-11e4-bb80-00c0f03d5b7c

I have put the link below, binaries compiled for debian will work on your
system too. Also, If I am not mistaken, you can just install ncl-ncarg
using sudo apt-get command. I think it is also available in the synaptic
manager of ubuntu.

I would suggest to try synaptic first, but if you want a local install,
then better to download the binaries on your machine, and add the path to
.bashrc