[Wrf-users] Error Compiling UPPV2.2 with Gfortran on ubuntu 14.04

Dominikus Heinzeller climbfuji at ymail.com
Fri Oct 31 12:49:59 MDT 2014

Hi Pascal,

a closer look into your log file reveals:

gfortran -fconvert=big-endian -fno-second-underscore -frecord-marker=4 -DCOMMCODE -DLINUX -DUPPLITTLEENDIAN  -fno-range-check -O3 -c  -I/home/igri/WRF_SERIAL/UPPV2.2/include splat.f
splat.f:1.1:

/* Copyright (C) 1991-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
 1
Error: Non-numeric character in statement label at (1)

This means that gfortran is not recognising the C-style comments. One solution therefore is to add -cpp to the fortran compiler options, e.g., in your configure.upp:

FC      = $(SFC) -cpp
F90     = $(SF90) -cpp

See also this thread http://forum.wrfforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6086 <http://forum.wrfforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6086> for a more detailed description of the problem.

Hope this helps,