[Wrf-users] ncl plotting resources

Matthew Fearon Matthew.Fearon at dri.edu
Sun Sep 7 23:50:14 MDT 2014

Hello,

I'm using NCL plotting routines to plot WRF output. My script is below and works pretty well. However, I would like to control the font height on lat/long labels and more importantly the color fill of inland water bodies. mpInlandWaterFillColor and mpLandFillColor fail to work once wrf_map_overlays is called. Is there a way to control these resources and how would I do it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt

type = "png"

wks = gsn_open_wks(type,pname+ndt)

gsn_define_colormap(wks,"MPL_terrain")

res                                = True

res at NoHeaderFooter                 = True

mpres                              = True

mpres at mpDataBaseVersion            = "Ncarg4_0"

mpres at mpDataSetName                = "Earth..1"

mpres at mpNationalLineColor          = "black"

mpres at mpNationalLineThicknessF     = 2

mpres at mpGeophysicalLineColor       = "black"

mpres at mpGeophysicalLineThicknessF  = 2

mpres at mpProvincialLineColor        = "black"

mpres at mpProvincialLineThicknessF   = 3

;mpres at mpFillOn                     = True

;mpres at mpFillDrawOrder              = "PreDraw"

mpres at mpInlandWaterFillColor       = "grey81"

mpres at mpOceanFillColor             = "grey81"

mpres at mpLandFillColor              = "grey81"

pltres = True

var3_res = res

var3_res at ContourParameters     = (/ 0, 3, 1 /)

var3_res at cnFillMode            = "RasterFill"

var3_res at cnFillOn              = True

var3_res at cnRasterSmoothingOn   = False

var3_res at cnFillColors          = (/"grey81","red","green","blue","black"/)

var3_res at cnFillDrawOrder       = "Draw"

con3_var = wrf_contour(f,wks,vmap,var3_res)

pltres at CommonTitle = True

pltres at PlotTitle = ndt

plot = wrf_map_overlays(f,wks,(/con3_var/),pltres,mpres)