[Wrf-users] MET version 5.0 Release

Tara Jensen jensen at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 8 16:09:21 MDT 2014

Dear WRF users,

The Model Evaluation Tools (MET) development team at the DTC is pleased to
announce the release of the MET version 5.0 verification package. It is
available for download from the MET Users web page:
http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users

The changes for this new version are detailed in the release notes found at
(
http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/release_notes/METv5.0_release_notes.php)Updates
include the addition of auto-conf to streamline compilation.  This
represents a major change in the directory structure of MET.  Please see
the README file in the top-level directory of the distribution bundle for
directions on how to get started.  Our online tutorial is being updated to
reflect the changes and will be available in the very near future.

Also included in the release are updates to the GRIB1 and GRIB2 tables to
be consistent with NCEP's usage; additional continuous, categorical and
neighborhood statistics; a new MODE summary graphics generation tool;
enhanced MET-TC event equalization logic; refined logic for defining a
consensus track in MET-TC and refined logic for defining Rapid
Intensification/Rapid Weakening (RI/RW) in MET-TC.

We hope that MET v5.0 enhances your model verification efforts. Please send
any comments or questions to met_help at ucar.edu.

Thank you,

The MET development team

Tara Jensen
Associate Scientist III
NCAR RAL and DTC
PO Box 3000, Boulder, Colorado 80307 USA
+1 303-497-8479          jensen at ucar.edu