[Wrf-users] Staggered nest start time and ripdp_wrfarw

Nathan Wendt nwendt2 at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 23 09:25:30 MDT 2014

Hi,

I have run into a problem trying to post-process WRF output with RIP.
This problem specifically occurs when I am trying to process output from
nests that do not have the same start time as the simulation as a whole.
Here is the output I get from running ripdp_wrfarw on one of the nest
outputs:

  Data is recognized as WRF data.

  SIMULATION_START_DATE exists, use it as start_date
  start_date=2013-05-30_12:00:00
  No valid wrf times were found. nwrftimes =            0

 From what I can tell, it seems to be having trouble with the fact that
the simulation start time of 12:00:00 is not the same as the nest start
time of 16:00:00. Has anyone else had this issue come up? Hopefully
someone has a way to deal with this problem.

Nathan Wendt
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Atmospheric Science Dept.
219 Atmos. Sci. Building