[Wrf-users] Compilation Difficulty

Pettee, Warren wpettee at uncc.edu
Mon Jun 16 11:12:54 MDT 2014

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the WRF-ARW to compile, I've tried both Serial and SMPAR but no executables have been generated.

I am building the WRFV3.6 on a Ubuntu x64, Intel quad core computer.

I have located my netcdf c and fortran libraries in '/usr/local/lib' and '/usr/local/include', and before configuring set NETCDF=/usr/local. They are the latest version from Unidata. (4.3.2 C-Library, 4.2 Fortran)

I have attached the compile.log and configure.wrf files, I have been unable to identify the exact cause yet and was hoping someone could help. I have compiled the previous version on other systems before without issue, but I am sure this is user-error and not a version problem.

On another note, I know this system supports SMPAR, but does it support SMPAR/DMPAR? I am not familiar enough with the architecture to know off-hand (it is a single node computer). I suppose the worst-case scenario is I try it and it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Warren Pettee
Undergraduate - Meteorology
Department of Geography and Earth Sciences
9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223
wpettee at uncc.edu