[Wrf-users] WRF 3.6 bug? SKEBS boundary perturbation

Marcella, Marc MMarcella at AIR-WORLDWIDE.COM
Thu Jun 12 09:18:33 MDT 2014

Hi all,

I have been able to successfully run the SKEBS boundary-only perturbation in WRF 3.5. However in WRF3.6, I noticed the change to the structure of the SKEBS setup in the namelist.input. I placed the &stoch option and tried adding just perturb_bdy =1. This will cause the model to seg fault immediately. I then added stoch_force_opt=1 and it worked, yet stoch_force_opt=0 and the model seg faults immediately again.

Am I doing something incorrect or have these values set improperly? I thought that if stoch_force_opt=1 then the whole domain is stochastically forced with SKEBS, where here I am trying to just do the boundaries. The output will show a forcing value for all points as well. Anyhow, please do let me know if you have any ideas or could relay to me how to set up the boundary only SKEBS in WRF3.6.

Thanks!
Marc

anks