[Wrf-users] Read Parameters in wrfinput_d01

Eric Altshuler ela at cola.iges.org
Wed Jan 15 11:54:11 MST 2014

Hello 孙佳,

You can recover some of the namelist settings by running ncdump on the file:

ncdump -h wrfinput_d01

At the bottom of the output is a section "global attributes". Some (but not all) of the namelist variables are shown. If you have wrfinput (or wrfout) files for the other domains, run 'ncdump -h' on them to find domain-specific namelist settings. This way, you can reconstruct most of the original namelist.

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
253 Research Hall, Mail Stop 6C5
George Mason University
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030 USA