[Wrf-users] OpenMPI and RSL issues

Jeff Nucciarone nucci at psu.edu
Thu May 22 14:28:02 MDT 2008

Greetings.

I am trying to build wrf 2.2 with OpenMPI 1.2.6.

I tried configure option:

 3, PC Linux x86_64 (IA64 and Opteron), PGI 5.2 or higher DM-Parallel
(RSL_LITE, MPICH, Allows ARW and NMM nesting, No periodic LBCs)

and also

 9.  AMD x86_64 Intel xeon i686 ia32 Xeon Linux, ifort+icc compiler
DM-Parallel (RSL, MPICH, allows ARW nesting)

both end up with the same frustrating problem where rsl or rsl lite will
not build.

The intel compiler complains th emost and pgi not as much. the log looks
something like:

/opt/openmpi/1.2.6-V00/pgi/bin/mpicc -DFSEEKO64_OK   -c c_code.c
PGC-W-0115-Duplicate standard type (./rsl_lite.h: 129)
PGC-W-0143-Useless typedef declaration (no declarators present)
(./rsl_lite.h: 129)
PGC-W-0156-Type not specified, 'int' assumed (c_code.c: 14)
PGC-W-0156-Type not specified, 'int' assumed (c_code.c: 58)

etc. etc.

The Intel compiler at this point would complain about redefinition errors.

Before I beat myself silly I was hoping the community has run into this
before and has a suggested fix. If not I can place the entire session of
the build onto one of my wiki's for further analysis.

Thanks,

--Jeff