[Wrf-users] Error with FNL data

Seshu girirao seshu_meteo16 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 03:42:25 MDT 2007

Dear Users,
I am trying to run the model with FNL data. I have successfully completed geogrid.exe  & ungrib.exe, but when i ran the metgrid.exe the fallowing error i am facing on Terminal.

mets-computer:~/Desktop/meso/wps root# mpirun -np 4 ./metgrid.exe
Processing domain 1 of 2
 Processing 2005-04-05_00
    FILE
 Processing 2005-04-05_06
    FILE
 Processing 2005-04-05_12
    FILE
 Processing 2005-04-05_18
    FILE
 WRF_DEBUG: Warning DIM            4, NAME num_metgrid_levels REDIFINED  by var
 GHT           23          13 in wrf_io.F90 line        2349
ERROR: Error in ext_pkg_write_field
[cli_0]: aborting job:
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 2454848) - process 0
rank 0 in job 7  mets-computer.local_50549   caused collective abort of all ranks
  exit status of rank 0: return code 64
mets-computer:~/Desktop/meso/wps root#

For information, i am working on MAc OS with ifort compiler.

Thanks in advance for any help,
With regards,
K.Seshagiri Rao,
Agro Climate Research Centre,