[Wrf-users] waht is the difference between grib1 & grib2 data

Seshu girirao seshu_meteo16 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 05:53:15 MDT 2007

Dear Users,

we are  giving realtime forecast over Tamil Nadu by
using WRF model. At present we are using grib1 gfs
data from NCEP website. I would like  to use grib2
data. When i ran the model with  grib2 data, i found
that there is variation in model prediction with grib1
data. Please give me details about grib1 data & grib2
data.

with best wishes,
K.Seshagiri Rao,
Agro Climate Research Centre,