[Wrf-users] Constant landuse in wrf output

Thorsten Beisiegel tbeisiegel at unal.edu.co
Tue Apr 17 12:28:09 MDT 2007

 Dear users,

looking for the landuse index in the wrfout* netcdf files we find it to be constant with the value 1. Looking in the wrf_real_input_em.d0* there is no variable for the landuse data. Nevertheless landuse is varying in the static.wrfsi.d0* file from domain localization. So my question is:

By which file and which variable is landuse data introduced to the simulation?

Is there any parameter from WRFSI that decides if landuse will be included in the input file (wrf_real_input_em.d0*)?

Here our namelist parameters for interpolation from wrfsi.nl:

&interp_control
NUM_ACTIVE_SUBNESTS = 2
ACTIVE_SUBNESTS = 2, 3
PTOP_PA = 5000