[Wrf-users] consultation

=?big5-hkscs?B?icalyariIInG?= mayf21044 at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Apr 6 04:08:06 MDT 2007

Dear WRF'ers,
When I try to set up WRFVAR, I typed configure according to the relevant tutorial online after I entered its dictionary, then the following codes appeared:
configure: netCDF 3.6.1
checking whether configure should try to set compiler flags... no
checking whether netCDF is to be built in 64-bit mode... no
checking where to put large files... .
checking for top-level source-directory... /usr/local/netcdf/src
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether /usr/bin/gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for /usr/bin/gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking whether /usr/bin/g++ accepts -g... yes
checking C++ compiler "/usr/bin/g++"... works
checking for pathf90... no
checking for xlf... no
checking for fort... no
checking for xlf95... no
checking for ifort... no
checking for ifc... no
checking for efc... no
checking for pgf95... pgf95
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... no
checking whether pgf95 accepts -g... yes
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... (cached) no
checking whether pgf95 accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking "pgf95" as Fortran-90 compiler... works
configure: checking for m4 preprocessor...
checking for m4... m4
checking m4 flags... -B10000
checking how to make dependencies... false
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64
checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no
configure: checking for ar utility...
checking for ar... ar
checking ar flags... cru
configure: checking for nm utility...
checking for nm... nm
checking nm flags...
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking CPPFLAGS... -DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran
checking CC CFLAGS... /usr/bin/gcc -0 -g
checking type /usr/bin/gcc... /usr/bin/gcc is /usr/bin/gcc
checking CXX... /usr/bin/g++
checking CXXFLAGS... -g
checking type /usr/bin/g++... /usr/bin/g++ is /usr/bin/g++
checking FC... pgf95
checking FFLAGS...
checking type pgf95... pgf95 is /usr/pgi/code/linux86/6.0/bin/pgf95
checking F90... pgf95
checking F90FLAGS...
checking type pgf95... pgf95 is /usr/pgi/code/linux86/6.0/bin/pgf95
checking AR... ar
checking ARFLAGS... cru
checking type ar... ar is /usr/bin/ar
checking NM... nm
checking NMFLAGS...
checking type nm... nm is /usr/bin/nm
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /usr/bin/gcc -E
checking user-defined Fortran-77 compiler "pgf95"... works
checking for Fortran .F compiler...
checking if Fortran-77 compiler handles *.F files... yes
checking for C-equivalent to Fortran routine "SUB"... sub_
checking for Fortran "byte"... yes
checking for Fortran "integer*2"... yes
checking if Fortran "byte" is C "signed char"... yes
checking if Fortran "byte" is C "short"... no
checking if Fortran "byte" is C "int"... no
checking if Fortran "byte" is C "long"... no
checking if Fortran "integer*2" is C "short"... yes
checking if Fortran "integer*2" is C "int"... no
checking if Fortran "integer*2" is C "long"... no
checking if Fortran "integer" is C "int"... yes
checking if Fortran "real" is C "float"... yes
checking if Fortran "doubleprecision" is C "double"... yes
checking for Fortran-equivalent to netCDF "byte"... byte
checking for Fortran-equivalent to netCDF "short"... integer*2
configure: checking for math library...
checking for tanh in -lc... no
checking for tanh in -lm... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for strlcat... no
checking for working ftruncate()... yes
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for struct stat.st_blksize... yes
checking for IEEE floating point format... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for off_t... yes
checking for ssize_t... yes
checking for ptrdiff_t... yes
checking for uchar... no
checking whether char is unsigned... no
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for short... yes
checking size of short... 2
checking for int... yes
checking size of int... 4
checking for long... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking for float... yes
checking size of float... 4
checking for double... yes
checking size of double... 8
checking size of off_t... 8
checking size of size_t... 4
checking for manual-page index command...
checking binary distribution directory... /home/ed/pub/binary/dummy_system
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating macros.make
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: creating fortran/nfconfig.inc
config.status: executing default commands

 After [root at localhost wrfvar_v2.2beta]# that followed, I typed configure var,than an error appeared indicated as follow:
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: netCDF 3.6.1
checking build system type... Invalid configuration `var': machine `var' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh /usr/local/netcdf/src/config.sub var failed

So I tried to type ./configure, and then I got those code as:
option =
Please type : <configure var> to compile var,
    or type : <configure be> to compile be.

I typed configure var,the error appeared again, explained as:
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: netCDF 3.6.1
checking build system type... Invalid configuration `var': machine `var' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh /usr/local/netcdf/src/config.sub var failed
I totally have no idea about what should I do to overcome this difficulty. Could you please  be so kind to tell me what's wrong with it? By the way, the version of WRFVAR I use is .2.2,  and I tried to set it up in a PC.
Any kind reponse is greatly appreciated.
Yours sincerely,
Khadija.

Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology
Box602
Nanjing, Jiangsu, 210044.
China
mayf21044 at yahoo.com.cn