[Wrf-users] WRF-Var Dummy's Guide

Don Morton Don.Morton at umontana.edu
Thu Apr 5 07:51:17 MDT 2007

Dear WRF'ers:

http://weather.arsc.edu/Miscellaneous/WRFVar-Notes/

Several months ago I asked for lots of help in getting
WRF-Var working with a single obs, just so I could understand
it all.  I suggested that maybe I'd write a Dummy's Guide on
the process, never dreaming that someone would actually
call my bluff :)  Well, someone did a few weeks ago, and it
was good timing for me, as I'm getting back into WRF-Var,
so I wrote up a bit of a Dummy's Guide.

Intended audience is neophytes like myself, who may have gone
through the online WRF-Var Tutorial, but still feel kind of lost
on how to apply WRF-Var to their own test cases.

http://weather.arsc.edu/Miscellaneous/WRFVar-Notes/

wrfhelp looked over this several days ago and offered some suggestions
that I incorporated.

Although I don't have a whole lot of time to keep this up, I'd very much
welcome comments and suggestions, and even better, contributions to
clarify things.

I was once active in the Access Grid project and was very impressed with
their implementation of a user-supported documentation project (modeled
somewhat after Linux Documentation Project)

http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp

full of HOWTO's, FAQ's, etc.  In general, the "community" wrote up documents
which were then peer-reviewed by the community before posting.  I wonder if
something like this would be of interest in the WRF community?

Cheers,

Don Morton

--
Don Morton