[Wrf-users] Re: NARR with metgrid.exe (WPS)

Don Morton Don.Morton at umontana.edu
Sat Feb 10 19:13:20 MST 2007

On 2/11/07, Don Morton <Don.Morton at umontana.edu> wrote:

>  WRF_DEBUG: Warning DIM             4 , NAME num_metgrid_levels
> REDIFINED  by var SPECHUMD            30           29  in wrf_io.F90
> line         2349
> ERROR: Error in ext_pkg_write_field

Well, somewhat blindly jumping in, I just decided to remove the
SPECHUMD line from Vtable.NARR, since I was getting a bunch
of warnings about it, anyway, and I couldn't figure out how to get SPECHUMD
to stop re-defining num_metgrid_levels.  The result is that metgrid.exe
appears to work flawlessly now, as does real.exe, and hopefully
wrf.exe will run successfully (it's sitting in a PBS queue right now).
I did an ncdump on the resulting wrfinput_d01 and can see that the
variables like QVAPOR have non-zero values, implying that the
model is getting moisture from someplace, even though I removed
SPECHUMD from the Vtable.

The question now is, am I insane for removing SPECHUMD from
Vtable.NARR?  Does this seem like a reasonable fix, or should I
be worried about something else?

Thanks,

Don

--