[WHPI] Whole Heliosphere and Planetary Interactions: first observing campaign

Whole Heliosphere and Planetary Interactions whi at mailman.ucar.edu
Tue Mar 12 13:15:39 MDT 2019

Welcome to the Whole Heliosphere and Planetary Interactions (WHPI), our new
community-wide solar minimum initiative (https://whpi.hao.ucar.edu).

Today is the start of the first WHPI observing campaign that targets
coronal holes and high speed solar wind streams. The campaign runs from
March 12 to April 8, 2019 (Carrington Rotation 2215) and includes the 2nd
perihelion of Parker Solar Probe on April 4, 2019. This campaign was
recently added to WHPI because we had a target of opportunity, namely a
large coronal hole that is expected to be back on the visible disk of the
Sun around March 23 - 26, 2019. We encourage everyone to take observations
during the coming month, and especially during the time the coronal hole
will be near central meridian as well as during the following days to track
the effects on the geospace and heliosphere.

Please mark your calendar for the next WHPI observing campaign on June 29 -
July 26, 2019 (Carrington Rotation 2219) which will focus on the total
solar eclipse on July 2, 2019.

Warmest Regards,

Giuliana de Toma

Gina DiBraccio