[Whi] Whole Heliosphere Interval (WHI) -- First informational email

whi at mailman.ucar.edu whi at mailman.ucar.edu
Tue Jan 15 11:13:40 MST 2008

Dear WHI Team,

First and Foremost, let us thank you for your enthusiastic response to
the Whole Heliosphere Interval!  After our first round of updates, we
have over 200 participants whose research covers the Earth's
atmosphere out to the edge of the heliopause.

We'd particularly like to thank our colleagues who have agreed to lead
Targeted Observing Plans, Giannina Poletto, Leonard Strachan, Craig
DeForest, Scott McIntosh, Sarah Gibson, Bob Leamon, and Mari Paz
Miralles.  Please see http://ihy2007.org/WHI/targeted_plans.shtml for
links to these campaign plans.  We also wish to extend our
appreciation to our CAWSES coordinators, Kazunari Shibata and Janet
Kozyra, and to our ULTIMA coordinators Kiyohumi Yumoto and Peter Chi.

The WHI website is http://ihy2007.org/WHI.  Note the "News and
Updates" link (http://ihy2007.org/WHI/WHI_news.shtml), which will
continue to be updated (this way we keep the volume of emails to this
list to a bare minimum).  Additionally, Craig DeForest has put
together the WHI wiki:  http://whi.boulder.swri.edu, please take a look!

To help us continue WHI planning, please review the following:

1) Please go to the WHI website and check the "Planned WHI
Observations/Models" and "WHI: The People" pages to determine whether
your information is correct.   We ask that you fill out a WHI profile [http://www.hao.ucar.edu/forms/whi_survey_form.html
] to ensure that you are appropriately represented.

2) Please review the "Planned WHI Observations/Models" and "WHI: The
People" pages for people, observations or models you might think are
missing - i.e. would make an excellent addition to WHI or a complement
to your observation or model. Please contact them directly about WHI,
and forward them this email message. If they are interested in
participating, ask them to fill out the WHI profile web form or
contact us directly.

Again, thank you all for your interest in WHI.

Regards,

Sarah Gibson and Barbara Thompson, WHI Coordinators