[Tgcmgroup] unavailability of $TGCMROOT

Ben Foster foster at hao.ucar.edu
Wed Apr 9 11:19:19 MDT 2008

Hi tgcmgroup:

The scd disk system that will be unavailable for about 24 hours
starting at 3 pm tomorrow 4/10 includes $TGCMROOT (/fis/hao/tgcm).
See George's email below. This will interrupt most tgcm-related
jobs, commands, etc.

As of 1100 today 4/9, I have copied the entire /fis/hao/tgcm
to /hao/tgcm/root.  Everything *should* work if you simply
change $TGCMROOT from /fis/hao/tgcm to /hao/tgcm/root until
the /fis disk comes back up. Make the change in your .cshrc
file (and source it) on all  scd machines (except gale and
breeze) you plan to use while /fis is down.

This will have no effect on $TGCMROOT at hao (do *not* change
$TGCMROOT at your hao home).

Unfortunately I will be out of town on Thursday through Monday,
but may be able to read email from a browser..

--Ben