[Tgcmgroup] [hpcstatus] Bluevista Update

Ben Foster foster at hao.ucar.edu
Mon Oct 16 15:03:48 MDT 2006

tgcmgroup:

In case some of you do not receive George's email (see below),
it looks like the bluevista disk will be down until later tonight.

Because the /hao disk at scd is mounted on bluevista, it also will
be unavailable until bluevista is back up. And because $TGCMDATA is
on the /hao disk, any tgcm scripts that access $TGCMDATA (e.g.,
most *.job scripts), will hang.

Of course, none of this affects hao machines, so tgcm scripts will
work on the hao network.

If you would like to join scd's hpcstatus mailing list, which updates
users on status of high performance computing systems at scd, go to:

--Ben

From: George Fuentes <fuentes at ucar.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:51:58 -0600

Due to some disk controller problems we lost /ptmp earlier today on
bluevista. It will take about ~4 hours to rebuild all the disk arrays
and this work is already underway. Current best estimate up time will
be 21:00 this evening. We do not anticipate loosing any data, but one
never knows.

Thanks,

--george

George Fuentes | High-End Services Section | fuentes at ucar.edu |
Office: 303
497 1290 | Cell: 303 435 5795 | Fax: 303 497 1848 | National Center for
Atmospheric Research | 1850 Table Mesa Drive | Boulder, Colorado 80303