[Tgcmgroup] Re: /hao disk at SCD

Ben Foster foster at hao.ucar.edu
Sun Oct 3 11:08:15 MDT 2004

tgcmgroup:

The /hao disk is back up, and accessible from blackforest/dave, bluesky,
tempest, etc. It is almost full (8 GB remaining), so please remove
any unneeded files. Thanks,

--Ben

	From irfan at niwot.scd.ucar.edu Sat Oct  2 22:58:03 2004
	Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 22:57:57 -0600 (MDT)
	From: Irfan Elahi <irfan at niwot.scd.ucar.edu>
	To: Ben Foster <foster at hao.ucar.edu>
	Cc: irfan at ucar.edu, fuentes at ucar.edu
	Subject: Re: /hao disk at SCD

	Hi Ben,

	The data move for the /hao file system from Blackforest to Bluesky is
	complete. I have now mounted the file system on Blackforest & tempest as
	an NFS file system.

	Please note that this file system is almost full with
	only 8GB of free space.

	I would suggest that the users to do some cleanup. Also,
	after the data was moved and I performed a file count to ensure that all
	files were moved & I got the numbers to match correctly. However, when I
	performed the isame file count three hours later some more files had been
	added & this tells me that some user or a users cron job was probably
	responsible.

	The old /hao file system on Blackforest has been renamed and will be kept
	online for the next two weeks. If any users needs any file we can get it
	from there. However, after two weeks this file system will be erased.

	Please feel free to contact us for further information or any
	clarification on the above.

	Thank you for all your help.

	Regards.

	Irfan