[pyngl-talk] Problems to run PyNGL/PyNIO

Tomoko Koyama Tomoko.Koyama at Colorado.EDU
Wed Mar 24 23:23:28 MDT 2021

Hello.

I'm originally a NCL user and want to use PyNio/PyNGL on my Mac from now on.
(macOS Big Sur ver. 11.2.3)

Following the instruction, I could install two packages with miniconda.
After "conda activate pyn_env", I tested the both packages.
I just get "ModuleNotFoundError” messages when I try to import them.
Just in case, I deleted/reinstalled "pyn_env" a couple of times, but nothing changes.

Could you tell me what to do?
I don't know if the following information helps, but I'm wondering the path is not right.

Thank you very much in advance,
Tomoko

(pyn_env) tkoyama at XXXWorkspace % which python
/Users/tkoyama/miniconda3/envs/ncl_stable/bin/python

(pyn_env) tkoyama at XXXWorkspace % where python
/Users/tkoyama/miniconda3/envs/ncl_stable/bin/python
/Users/tkoyama/miniconda3/envs/pyn_env/bin/python
/usr/bin/python

(pyn_env) tkoyama at XXXWorkspace % conda info -e
# conda environments:
#
base                     /Users/tkoyama/miniconda3
ncl_stable               /Users/tkoyama/miniconda3/envs/ncl_stable
pyn_env               *  /Users/tkoyama/miniconda3/envs/pyn_env
                         /Users/tkoyama/opt/miniconda3