[Proflist] Job Vacancies

Johnny Chan johnny.chan at cityu.edu.hk
Thu Jan 17 20:51:19 MST 2008

Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor
Department of Physics and Materials Science
City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China

Applications are invited from outstanding candidates for Assistant
Professor and higher positions.  The Department has a strong
Laboratory for Atmospheric Research that currently focuses on the
following areas: tropical meteorology and climate, environmental
modeling and atmospheric remote sensing.  New research areas in
mesoscale meteorology and boundary-layer meteorology are
planned.  Details of our research can be found at
http://weather.cityu.edu.hk/.  The University recently set up a Joint
Laboratory for Atmospheric Research with the Institute of Atmospheric
Physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences to enhance our research
strength in the area of atmospheric sciences.

A Ph.D, in atmospheric science/meteorology or related disciplines
together with a promising research record and a strong teaching
ability are required.  Successful candidates are expected to develop
new research directions and courses.  Preference will be given to
candidates with expertise in the following two areas: (a) mesoscale
meteorology and (b) boundary-layer meteorology/computational fluid
dynamics applications in the study of flow over complex terrain and
complex city structures in relation to pollutant dispersion and
transport.  Expertise in other areas will also be
considered.  Appointment will be on a fixed-term contract with
contract-end gratuity.   Fringe benefits include annual leave,
medical and dental schemes, and housing benefits where applicable.

Applications will be considered until positions are filled.

Interested candidates should send me an email at
johnny.chan at cityu.edu.hk preferably with a CV and a simple
description of research interests.

Johnny Chan

* Prof. Johnny C. L. Chan
* Laboratory for Atmospheric Research
* Dept. of Physics & Mat. Sci., City University of Hong Kong
* Tat Chee Ave., Kowloon, Hong Kong, CHINA
* Tel: 852-2788-7820   Fax: 852-2788-7830
* Email: Johnny.Chan at cityu.edu.hk
* Web: http://weather.cityu.edu.hk/