[Proflist] Lab Manual Survey

Brendon Hoch bhoch at bergen.edu
Thu Dec 11 20:15:32 MST 2003

Hello,

Spring semester is just around the corner.  I am curious to know what educational materials instructors are using for lab exercises in undergraduate meteorology/climatology survey courses.  When I was a student, we used a mix of home grown exercises and Fred Decker's _The Weather Workbook_ , though I'm not sure if this is still in print.  Even if it were, I believe it is too advanced for teaching my audience of community college students.  I have used the AMS teaching materials in the past, but the multiple choice format of these exercises leave something to be desired.

If you have experience using a particular manual or have other suggestions, I would be interested in hearing your comments.  Please pass this message along to appropriate individuals/colleagues who may be teaching these type of courses.  Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brendon Hoch
Bergen Community College