[Proflist] Instruments course for undegrads

Alan Robock robock@envsci.rutgers.edu
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:38:53 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Colleagues,

When I get undergraduate meteorology majors for their first course in
their major, Atmospheric Thermodynamics in the fall of their junior
year, I have to spend some of my time teaching them the basics of units
and observations, including how to read a mercury barometer and the
basics of other weather observations.  I have been thinking that it
would be better to have a course in this material in their sophomore
year.  Do any of your programs have such a course, and would you be
willing to share your syllabi and experiences?

Alan

P.S.  Anyone found a good thermodynamics text yet?

Professor Alan Robock
  Editor, JGR - Atmospheres
  Director, Center for Environmental Prediction
Department of Environmental Sciences              Phone: +1-732-932-9478
Rutgers University                                  Fax: +1-732-932-8644
14 College Farm Road                   E-mail: robock@envsci.rutgers.edu
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8551  USA      http://envsci.rutgers.edu/~robock