[Nsa] 2023 NCAR EdEC Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Proposal Request

Todd Amodeo amodeo at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 6 09:42:39 MDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

We wanted you to make you aware of a small NCAR funding opportunity for
diversity, equity and inclusion related education and outreach
activities in your lab. We are inviting submissions from existing
programs/activities that we have funded in the past, as well as new ideas.

Activities should both:

1. Support the strategic goals and activities for NCAR Education,
Engagement, and Early Career Development (EdEC) as outlined in theNCAR
E&O Strategic Plan
<https://ncar.ucar.edu/sites/default/files/documents/related-links/2018-05/NCAR%20EO%20Strategic%20Plan%20Final.pdf>

2. Strengthen NCAR’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in
education related work.

New activities that build on and strengthen ongoing activities are
encouraged. The total funding available is $70K, and we are not setting
an upper limit per request.

Please submit your request here:2023 NCAR EdEC Diversity, Equity, and
Inclusion Proposal Request
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScbwgLmiY7iX--O1JQ3exms-TFzfXh0vQVHpkHoOiph3EHH0w/viewform?usp=sf_link>

Renewal funding will only require a short paragraph and a detailed
budget request.

For new ideas we ask for:

 1.

    Description of the activity, including staff involved, audiences
    served, the plan for evaluation of the activity’s impact and how it
    links to the NCAR E&O Strategic Plan

 2.

    Detailed budget, please also list any co-funding from the lab.

Additional guidance can be found here:2023 NCAR EdEC  Diversity, Equity
and Inclusion Proposal Guidance
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w299TlfnI_7oAGRnXmemXg-Zqj-y8U0mbfZ1IzZkS8s/edit?usp=sharing>

The application deadline is November 18, 2022 with funding being awarded
by December 9, 2022. Funds need to be spent by March 31, 2024.

For questions about this funding, please contact Todd Amodeo.
(amodeo at ucar.edu)

Best wishes,

Todd Amodeo

AdministratorNational Center for Atmospheric ResearchNCAR Education,
Engagement and Early-Career Development (EdEC)