[Nsa] Interested in Collaborating with Social Scientists on Actionable Earth System Science Projects?

Auliya McCauley-Hartner hartner at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 26 11:57:28 MST 2022

Hello Colleagues,

We are currently soliciting Letters of Intent (LOIs) for the third Cohort
of the Early Career Faculty Innovator Program
<https://ncar.ucar.edu/what-we-offer/education-outreach/early-career-opportunities>
for projects that will run from 2023-2025. Through NSF, the Innovator
program provides funding for university faculty in the social, policy, and
behavioral sciences to co-develop interdisciplinary and actionable research
projects in partnership with scientists and engineers at NCAR.

Our network included 17 collaborators with the first cohort and 33 in the
second cohort that started Fall, 2021. We have a Google Doc that lists
past, current and prospective NCAR collaborators
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/18ZDEnd7S3o7vJpj4mH4miSTvM6tnFD8_I7ZYfVJtXkk/edit>
here. This will be linked on our website to help potential applicants find
connections with NCAR collaborators. We are asking folks to review their
bios (copied from their staff.ucar.edu pages) and suggest any edits that
might highlight relevant interests or expertise that might help a potential
applicant connect with you.  We are encouraging applicants to reach out to
the Innovators team first, to try and mitigate the influx of emails you all
might receive. Our goal is to hear from faculty about their interests, and
have enough information about you to then reach out to you and see if we
can start that connection.

If you see any changes that need to be made, please reach out to me (
hartner at ucar.edu) or ecinnovators at ucar.edu by Wednesday, February 9th, or
if you have access you may make those changes yourself. If you would not
like to be involved in future collaborations, we can add the following note
alongside your profile, “(not available for future collaborations).”

And for those interested in becoming a collaborator for the 2023 Cohort and
beyond, we are arranging an Innovators Q&A for NCAR colleagues March 7th at
1pm MT
<https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NG05amIzZjBxZmJpcjN0aWFlOXVlMDdkNjEgY18xODhlZ2hmOXJzZ2t1anByZzJnZG83djdlYzJxMDRnOGVsaG0yc2hlY2xpN2FAcmVzb3VyY2UuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ&tmsrc=c_188eghf9rsgkujprg2gdo7v7ec2q04g8elhm2shecli7a%40resource.calendar.google.com>
for anyone who hasn’t been a collaborator but is curious about the program
and may want to collaborate with social scientists in the future. This will
be announced through staff notes soon, or you can email me (hartner at ucar.edu)
or ecinnovators at ucar.edu for a calendar invite. We can add you to the
document mentioned above at any time.

Sincerely,