[Nsa] ASP Graduate Visitor Program - FY22

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 29 11:27:58 MDT 2021

Dear NCAR Scientific Staff,

We have decided to make another change to the GVP Program for FY22.  Our
policy for several years has been to accept only one application per NCAR
host.  In an effort to broaden the applicant pool, we have decided to
reverse that policy and accept up to 5 applications per NCAR host with the
understanding that, in all likelihood, only one of those, at most, would be
selected.

We recognize that some of you may have turned down students who approached
you after you already agreed to support a different student.  In that
scenario, we leave it up to you as to whether or not you decide to reach
out to the student that you turned down.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve the Graduate Visitor
Program with suggestions from all of you.

Paula Fisher

Email: paulad at ucar.edu