[Nsa] ASP Graduate Visitor Program - FY22

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 6 08:23:28 MDT 2021

To the NCAR Scientific Staff:

 The Advanced Study Program is pleased to announce that we are now
accepting applications from students and the NCAR scientific staff for our
Graduate Visitor Program (GVP) and for our newly launched GVP Bridge
Program.

*Graduate Visitor Program*
The Advanced Study Program's Graduate Visitor Program provides
opportunities to the NCAR staff to bring graduate students to NCAR for
visits ranging from two months to a full year.  These visits have the goal
of enhancing NCAR partnerships with other public and private institutions
while enriching the research of the participating students. The application
deadline is November 10, 2021.

https://asp.ucar.edu/graduate-visitors/graduate-visitor-program

*GVP Bridge*
Newly launched this year is the GVP Bridge, which provides a one-month
internship at NCAR for graduate students who may be early in their career
or who don't have a fully defined collaborative project for a regular GVP
visit.  The internship will give the student an opportunity to explore
potential collaborations at NCAR with the goal of a longer visit in the
future.  Unlike the regular GVP process, this program does not require an
application from an NCAR sponsor.

Please pass along this opportunity to your university partners, and refer
students to the GVP Bridge if they aren't quite ready for a regular GVP
experience.  The deadline for applications for the GVP Bridge is November
30, 2021.
https://asp.ucar.edu/graduate-visitors/gvp-bridge-program

If you have any questions, please send them to <paulad at ucar.edu>
asp-gvp-program at ucar.edu.