[Nsa] New 0.5 FTE Innovator Program Scientist position (Project Scientist I or II)

Rebecca Haacker rhaacker at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 29 14:42:17 MST 2020

Dear NSA and ECSA,

We are opening a new 0.5 FTE position in the Innovator Program that could
be interesting for anyone wanting to split their time and strengthen NCAR's
work in interdisciplinary and convergence science.

in interdisciplinary or convergence research to serve as liaison between
Innovator Program faculty and NCAR labs and NCAR scientists. We are
specifically looking for applicants who have either participated in studies
(PS-1 level) or led studies (PS-II level) that integrate social and
geoscience disciplines.

 Primary responsibilities for this position include engaging across NCAR to
identify potential projects and collaborators within NCAR labs,
participating in recruitment and selection of early career faculty, helping
facilitate research collaborations between faculty and NCAR scientists,
discussing research updates and Innovator faculty/student needs with NCAR
directorate/ASP, and participating in critical Innovator Program events.

This position is a 0.5 FTE scientific appointment in the Early-Career
Faculty Innovator Program, which is part of the Advanced Study Program
(ASP), in the NCAR Directorate.  This is a two-year term position with
possibility of extension, pending funding.

The full position description can be found in Workday, and prospective
applicants can apply through Workday as well.
https://wd5.myworkday.com/ucar/d/inst/15$158872/9925$2194.htmld

Rebecca Haacker

Director
NCAR E&O and the Advanced Study Program

Phone: 303-497-8623, Assistant Diana O. Verschoor: 303-497-1851

www.asp.ucar.eduhttps://ncar.ucar.edu/education-outreach/education-and-outreach

1. You are not working from home, you are at home, during a pandemic,
trying to get work done.
2. Your physical, mental, and emotional health is the most important
thing right now.
3. Don't compare your ability to cope with everyone else's.  4. Don't
attempt to compensate for lost productivity by working longer hours.
5. We will get through this.

Boulder County sits upon the traditional territories of the Cheyenne,
Arapaho, and Ute Nations.