[ncl-talk] Total daily precipitation from the WRF model

Zilore Mumba zmumba at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 07:17:15 MDT 2023

Setareh,
Perhaps you can try the attached script, which I use to plot 24-hr rainfall
up to 5 days ahead.
Essentially if you get your WRF rainfall as
RAINC   = a[:]->RAINC(:,:,:)
WRF rainfall is accumulated hourly, so to get 24hour total rainfall on day
one from analysis, you would, e.g.
plot = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks, RAIN((24,:,:)-RAIN((0,:,:), res)
I hope it helps