[ncl-talk] adjust map longitude latitude font

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 18 10:34:55 MDT 2023

The tm*Mode resources only work to alter the latitude/longitude labels
on cylindrical equdistant projections.
Please see example #9 here:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/mptick.shtml#ex9
You will likely need to use the add_map_tickmarks function embedded in that
example to get the labels you want.
Hope that helps!
Adam

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 8:44 AM lzl lai via ncl-talk <
ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I would like to ask how to change the longitude font from
> 119o30E, 120o30E,...121o30E...(please see the attached figure) .
>  to 119.5E, 120.5E...,  121.5E..
>
> when I try to use res at tmXBMode = "Explicit", and set tmXBValues
> ,tmXBLabels
> it shows "MapPlotSetValues: tm[XB|XT|YL|YR]Mode resources are not
> currently enabled for MapPlot tick marks"
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Sincerely

Adam Phillips
Associate Scientist IV, Climate Analysis Section
Climate and Global Dynamics Laboratory
www.cgd.ucar.edu/staff/asphilli/