[ncl-talk] How to define date for WRF-chem to get average daily of a variable ?

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 6 20:32:29 MDT 2022

As noted in the documentation, *calculate_daily_values*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/calculate_daily_values.shtml>
requires that the variable have a **time coordinate** that is recognized by
cd_calendar.

  Times = f->Times                    ; Times(Time, DateStrLen)
(type character)
  Time = *wrf_times_c*( Times, 0 )      ; "hours since" initial time
on file   (double); units recognized by cd_calendar

     a2           = f->TAUAER   ; (Time, south_north, west_east)
     a2&Time = Time   ; associate the 'Time' coordinate with the variable
using  standard NCL & syntax
     printVarSummary(a2)

   a2Day = calculate_daily_values (a2, "avg", 0, opt)
   printVarSummary(a2Day)
   printMinMax (a2Day,1)