[ncl-talk] Removing line over ocean for soil moisture+ reversing color of plot

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Thu May 26 15:52:22 MDT 2022

Hi Setareh,
So the problem turned out to be NaN values in the first timestep of your
plotted array (anom). NCL typically does not plot arrays with NaN's in a
graceful manner, and can return weird results without any kind of error
whatsoever. Strangely, setting cnFillMode = "RasterFill" sidestepped the
problem. But a better solution was to set all the NaN values to anom at _FillValue
using the replace_ieeenan
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/replace_ieeenan.shtml>
function. I also adjusted your vpWidth/Height settings to be within a valid
range (from 0->1) and adjusted your font sizes a bit. I have attached the
script and resulting plot.
Adam

--
Adam Phillips