[ncl-talk] Assigned plot is replaced by unassigned plot

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 3 11:10:23 MDT 2022

I was not referring to the paneling resources. In your original script, you
had this:

 plot0 = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,O3diff0,res)
         res at gsnRightString = "O3 ppb"
         res at gsnLeftString= "DJF_dry cold"
         res at gsnCenterString = "Full minus Zero Nigeria"
         res at txFontHeightF   = 0.011
 plot1 = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,O3diff1,res)
          res at gsnRightString = "O3 ppb"
          res at gsnLeftString= "MAM_dry warm"
          res at gsnCenterString = "Full minus Zero Nigeria"
          res at txFontHeightF   = 0.011
 plot2 = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,O3diff1,res)
          res at gsnRightString = "O3 ppb"
          res at gsnLeftString= "JJA_monsoon"
          res at gsnCenterString = "Full minus Zero Nigeria"
          res at txFontHeightF   = 0.011
 plot3 = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,O3diff1,res)
          res at gsnRightString = "O3 ppb"
          res at gsnLeftString= "SON_post_monsoon"
          res at gsnCenterString = "Full minus Zero Nigeria"
          res at txFontHeightF   = 0.011

The resources get applied to the *next* call to gsn_csm_contour_map_ce().
Notice that the resources in blue are never used -- is this what you
intended?  More to the point, these 4 groups of resource settings differ by
only the gsnLeftString -- are the four plots properly labelled with the
original script?

Rick