[ncl-talk] height issue

ali mughal mughalali655 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 00:12:41 MST 2022

Dear Everyone

I guess the differences in the plots were because elevation from wrfout is
extracted by the following equation

*ELEVATION_THETA(i,j,k) =0.5*(PHB(i,j,k) + PH(i,j,k) + PHB(i,j,k+1) +
PH(i,j,k+1))/9.81*

Further information is provided in the following threads.

https://forum.mmm.ucar.edu/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9831
https://wiki.openwfm.org/wiki/How_to_interpret_WRF_variables

Let me know if this is the correct reason for the differences I observe in
the plots.