[ncl-talk] No labels shown on the contour plot overlayed

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Feb 8 16:24:34 MST 2022

Hello,
Assuming you are setting cnLineLabelsOn = True for the correct resource
list, then I am guessing that NCL is having trouble putting labels on the
contours (due to the contour density/shape). There is a whole Applications
page devoted to this issue:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/contourLab.shtml
Specifically, see examples #5 and #6.
Hope that helps!
Adam

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 10:42 PM 息涛 via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu>
wrote:

> Hi,all.
>
> I was running the ncl script attached to plot temperature contour
> overlayed by pressure contour and wind barbs in several pressure levels
> using data from wrf model output.The picture is also attached.
> In the picture, the pressure contour doesn't have labels, I have turn
> on cnLineLabelsOn attributes of the resources.
> how can I change the code so the pressure contour show the labels?
> Thank you!

Adam Phillips