[ncl-talk] computing daily anomalies from a high resolution data

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 21 07:56:50 MDT 2022

Obviously, you have exceeded available memory.

You will have to calculate 'geographical subsets' of the anomalies. Then
You must always read all the time steps.

ilat1 =
ilat2 =
ilon1 =
ilon2 =
CHLIO     = data1->CHLIO(:,ilat1:ilat2,ilon1:1lon2)   ; all times
printVarSummary(CHLIO)

===
See Example of function *calcDayAnomTLL*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/calcDayAnomTLL.shtml>

Also, unless you are using a very old version of NCL, you do not need to
explicitly 'load' the libraries. The following can be eliminated:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"
 load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
 load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"