[ncl-talk] computing daily anomalies from a high resolution data

saurabh rathore rohitsrb2020 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 05:18:06 MDT 2022

Hello NCL users
G'day

I am trying to compute the daily anomalies from a high-resolution daily
data as shown below from the ncdump. I am just showing the dimension of the
variable CHLIO.

dimensions:
LON161_408 = 248 ;
LAT361_472 = 112 ;
TIME = UNLIMITED ; // (8362 currently)
bnds = 2 ;
variables:
double CHLIO(TIME, LAT361_472, LON161_408) ;
CHLIO:missing_value = -1.e+34 ;
CHLIO:_FillValue = -1.e+34 ;

The ncl code that I am using is below but it gets killed as the memory gets
fulled during the opration.

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"
 load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
 load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

 data1 = addfile("/media/srathore/Binny5/cmes-oras/chl/chlio-1998-2020.nc
","r")
 print(data1)

 ;***********************************************************
 ; Read time and create required yyyyddd
 ;***********************************************************
   time    = data1->TIME                      ; time:units = "hours since
1-1-1 00:00:0.0"
   TIME    = cd_calendar(time, 0)             ; type float
   year    = toint( TIME(:,0) )
   month   = toint( TIME(:,1) )
   day     = toint( TIME(:,2) )
   ddd     = day_of_year(year, month, day)
   yyyyddd = year*1000 + ddd                  ; needed for input
   print(yyyyddd)

   ;***********************************************************
   ; Read data: short2flt
   ;***********************************************************
   CHLIO     = data1->CHLIO
   printVarSummary( chl )

So how to compute the daily anomalies in this case?

Cheers, Saurabh

--

*REGARDS*

*Saurabh Rathore*
*Research Scholar (PhD.)*
*Centre For Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere & Land Science Technology*
*Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur*
*contact :- 91- 8345984434*