[ncl-talk] ncl install

Joseph Zambon jbzambon at ncsu.edu
Thu Apr 14 09:25:04 MDT 2022

Debasish,

Have you tried installing with Conda (miniconda/Anaconda)? It is much easier than any other option as it automatically installs all required libs and other dependencies. See the docs here...

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml>

The error you’re getting suggests you haven’t installed gfortran (e.g. sudo apt-get install gfortran)

-Joe

Joseph B. Zambon, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor

Ocean Observing and Modeling Group
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
Jordan Hall rm 4140
919.515.7928
jbzambon at ncsu.edu