[ncl-talk] question about changing comparisons in code

Cathy Smith cathy.smith at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 6 07:37:41 MDT 2022

NCLers

I have need in NCL to set a comparison type based on a subroutine input.
That is, if the input is "0", then I want to check if something is .ge.
to a number. If it is "0", I want to check if it is .le.

My 'if' block is long so I would like to avoid repeating that. Any ideas?

  if(x1(i)*.ge.*xvalue)then

      etc.. many lines

end if

I am looking for runs, by the way. I saw some NCL runs subroutines but
they don't quite do what I need.

Thanks

Cathy Smith

(long live NCL!)

NOAA PSL and CU CIRES
https://psl.noaa.gov/people/cathy.smith/

Emails about data/webpages may get quicker responses by emailing
psl.data at noaa.gov