[ncl-talk] Strange issue on plotting

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 29 11:10:50 MDT 2021

Hi Andrew,
2 questions:
1 - Are any error messages returned when the plot with the red fill occurs?
2 - Is there a chance that the HRRR data for that particular metric and
region all fits into one contour interval (as for example all the data has
values say greater than 50kft, or all data falls between 5-10kft)?
Adam

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 2:48 AM Andrew Kren - NOAA Federal via ncl-talk <
ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has ever run into this issue when plotting. I am
> contouring HRRR cloud ceiling data on a regional and local domain of NC.
> For certain hours, there is one color on top of the map, such that it
> appears the contouring didn't work correctly. This is only found on the
> smaller domain and not the regional domain for the same time periods. I
> thought maybe this was related to me using a triangular mesh, but that
> wouldn't fully make sense. I am attaching the images.

> Andrew Kren
> Meteorologist
> NOAA's National Weather Service
> Raleigh Forecast Office