[ncl-talk] Question about wgt_vertical_n

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 16 10:24:15 MDT 2021

*wgt_vertical_n*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/wgt_vertical_n.shtml>
  takes the input 'x' and 'dp' and multiplies them

Xdp  = X*dp

Then, depending upon the the iopt argument, it sum and/or averages  the
values at each grid point.

  vsum = *dim_sum_n_Wrap*( Xdp, lev_dim )      ; sum vertically [ie
integrate]

so, my guess is the 'dp' must be the issue.

I assume the 'dp' were calculated via *dpres_hybrid_ccm*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/dpres_hybrid_ccm.shtml>
or *dpres_plevel*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/dpres_plevel.shtml>

I speculate the issue may be there.

If you can provide an example, like those provide in the examples.