[ncl-talk] Difficulty overlaying xy line overtop polygon and background text

Andrew Kren - NOAA Federal andrew.kren at noaa.gov
Sun Sep 5 08:35:03 MDT 2021

Hi ncl-talk,

Sorry for the bother. I am making an xy plot where I plot the xy-line along
with points labeling the values at certain intervals. I am overlapping
polygons to specify different levels of the xy values using
gsn_add_polygon. When the polygons get drawn, regardless of whether I set
the draw order to PreDraw or not, they are on top of the xyline and the
points/labels. I even set my xyline draw order to PostDraw and that does
not seem to alleviate it. The other issue I have is that I am trying to get
the xy-line and the point labels to be on top of the text that I overlay
(such as the "Elevated" label in the attached image). I was not able to
find a setting to set the draw order of text so any input is appreciated.

I appreciate any help you can provide. I attached my script for convenience.

--

Andrew Kren
Meteorologist