[ncl-talk] CAPE calculation

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 9 18:11:18 MST 2021

NCL developers did not write CAPE_{2D/3D) fortran subroutines called by
NCL. I have no experience with these functions.

I have attached the fortran code invoked by NCL. Perhaps the following
subroutines will provide some insight.

DCAPECALC3D
DCAPECALC2D

Note that at the top of the code a disclaimer is issued:

"! Also, be advised that missing data values are not checked during the
computation."
===
Perhaps some input variable has _FillValue

Good Luck