[ncl-talk] question about contour opacities

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 25 06:58:01 MDT 2021

Hi Will,

Offhand, I would think you could set up a custom colormap that consisted of
RGBa tuples, which were all the same value for the 1st 3 components, and
only the opacity (alpha) channel varied. Something like:

   myColors = new((/100,4/_, float)   ; colormap of 100 values
  do i=0,99
     mColors(i,:) = (/ 0., 0., 1., i / 100. /)   ;; transparent to solid
blues
   end do

Then set either cnFillPalette or cnFillColors to "myColors"

   http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/rgbacolor.shtml

Hope that helps...
Rick