[ncl-talk] could not find ESMF_RegridWeightGen executable

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 18 10:12:09 MDT 2021

Hi Jiali:

I ran your script regrid_36.ncl without any issue at all (see attached the
output file regrid_36.out) and all the nc files were properly built. The
only thing that I can think of is that the ESMF library is not available,
or not properly built, or not properly accessed on the machine that you are
using. To see that it is indeed the case, you should try running
ESMF_RegridWeightGen
from the command line of your terminal window:

ESMF_RegridWeightGen --ignore_degenerate  --source EDGAR_SCRIP.nc
--destination WRF_SCRIP.nc --weight EDGAR_to_WRF_conserve.nc --method
conserve --src_regional --dst_regional -i --norm_type fracarea

That will give you more information as to why you cannot find
ESMF_RegridWeightGen?

Laura

--

e-mail: laura at ucar.edu