[ncl-talk] Interpolation to specific height levels

ali mughal mughalali655 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 02:09:56 MDT 2021

Dear Dennis and all

I have rewritten the code (please see attached) to obtain the value of
TA_MEAN at respective station heights. I am assuming it is correct since I
am subtracting the terrain height. Please let me know if you think that the
logic is incorrect.
The issue  is that the RMSE of WRF extracted values against observations
increased on all stations. I was expecting that when the temperature is
interpolated at the correct height it will reduce the RMSE instead of
increasing it. When I am extracting the value of temperature at the first
eta level the RMSE was less. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I asked a similar question  but nobody answered the following question. I
think this is extremely important when doing data analysis using NCL
https://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/ncl-talk/2021-March/017963.html

I would be grateful to all for support and suggestions