[ncl-talk] Fwd: NCAR YubiKey end-of-life (Time Sensitive)

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 23 14:46:18 MDT 2021

Hey Dennis,

I was reviewing the steps required for you to transition away from a
YubiKey. They are really straightforward:

Take these steps to make the transition:

  1. If you do not already have a CIT password, call us at 303-497-2400 to
set
     that up.

  2. If using a smartphone or tablet device, you will need to download the
green
     Duo Mobile app from the app store on your Android or Apple iOS phone.
If
     you have a different phone operating system, please call us to discuss
options.

  3. Contact us by replying to this email when you are ready to make the
change.
     We will send you an invitation to enroll in Duo. Once we send you the
     invitation, your YubiKey will no longer work. You can recycle it at
that point.

You already have a CIT password. So all you need to do is download that Duo
Mobile app (not to be confused with Duo Lingo  ;-)  ) and send that email.
Once you are set up, any time you are required to use Duo, you'll get a
banner that looks something like the attached. The easiest thing to do is
have it send you a push. You'll get a notification on your phone just like
a text notification; you open that up and hit the approve button.

The installation is quick, and shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes. We
can do that this weekend if there's a breakfast or bike lride opportunity.
The lengthy part would be the email response. I might consider doing that
now, but don't accept the invitation until the software is installed.

RB